Why is website traffic crucial in the development of your business?
Website traffic (or the number of visitors to your website) is a game changer in increasing the number of visitors to your site as well as creating many opportunities you have. The right amount of generated traffic can also bring new customers to you. The number of visitors to your site becomes the number of opportunities your business has to share its brand, to give an impression, to build a relationship.
To Generate Website Traffic:
1. E-commerce – receive profits from direct sales of products or services.
2. Affiliate marketing – get referral fees from merchants when a product or service you linked to results in a sale as a result of your link.
3. Advertising – Receive ad revenue for displaying advertising on your website, blog, or e-mail newsletter.
• Targeted advertising is a form of online advertising. It uses advanced methods to gain the attention of receptive audiences.
Advertising is priced on supply and demand.
If you can aim towards creating a website which is in demand means you are already on the right path.
Advertising includes paying for it too.
Three main methods of pricing advertising include:
1. CPM (cost per thousand views) – traditional: television, radio, magazine, and newspaper.
2. CPC (cost per click) or PPC (pay per click). In this pay-for-performance method, the advertiser pays only if a potential customer is enticed enough about the ad to click on it. This method is generally the most significant Internet advertising.
3. CPA (cost per action) is a term useed to descibe either pay-per-lead or pay-per-sale. Affiliate marketing runs on this model.
7 steps to ad revenue generation:
1. Provide high-quality content
Center content around a commercially viable industry – You won’t get much engagement if an audience cannot grasp any information from your website.
If they engage in high-quality content, they’re more likely to return.
2. Optimize your content on high-priced keywords
Gaining website traffic takes into consideration improving your content around high-priced keywords by using Google AdWords Keyword Tool to discover specific keywords to improve higher ranking scores on Google.
Optimizing your content – Here’s how:
• Keyword focus – select the two or three dozen highest priced keywords in your industry or niche. Write content about these topics.
• Keyword placement – Put high-priced keywords (wherever appropriate) in your:
• Title tags
• Alt tags for graphics
• Filenames for graphics and webpages
• In hypertext linked words and phrases.
• In the first and last paragraphs
3. Generate traffic to your site
Website Traffic is essential when it comes to high functioning and performing websites, you won’t make money without it.
How to obtain traffic:
• Search Rankings – an excellent means of getting ranked on the search engines for your keywords.
• Links – get links and recommendations to your website from other sites, blogs, social media, directories, etc.
• Ads – pay for advertising to maintain an audience to your site (so they’ll see the advertising there).
4. Determine type of advertising is selling in your particular field
If you are considering an advertising revenue strategy for your site, you need to be open to finding competitive websites to see what makes them so attractive – and to determine how you can be even better.
- Type and Size of Advertising
Is most of the advertising in your industry Google text ads or display ads (graphic ads)? If display ads are popular, what size appears most often to increase website traffic?
Seven standard ad units:
• Medium Rectangle (300 x 250)
• Rectangle (180 x 150)
• Leaderboard (728 x 90)
• Skyscraper (160 x 600)
• Half Page Ad (300 x 600)
• Button 2 (120 x 60)
• Microbar (88 x 31)
Source of Advertising
Aim to look deeper to determine the source of advertising. Most third-party ads have two URLs.
• Intermediate URL of the adserver
The adserver is the company that displays the ad as well as counting and collecting information on the click-through, then redirects the user’s web browser to the Destination URL on the landing page of the advertiser’s website.
If you can figure out what the adserver company is, you can learn something about the advertising type. The intermediate URL can identified by putting your cursor over the ad and looking for a URL at the bottom left of your web browser frame.
5. Design your web page template for advertising
Get an idea of how companies tend to advertise in your field or industry. You will need to design your webpage template to accommodate the most popular ad sizes.
6. Google AdSense text and display advertising
Google is the largest advertising company on the Internet. Their AdWords ads that appear on search results generate a tremendous amount of revenue for the company. You can put Google AdSense ads on your own website.
To learn more, see https://www.google.com/adsense/.
7. Consider display ads from ad and affiliate networks
Ad networks – companies that you contract with to display their clients’ ads on your website. They may pay you on a CPM basis.
Affiliate networks – they offer display ads from many advertisers.