1. Cover your bases with foundational SEO
Titles, metas, headers, alt text, site speed, robots.txt, site maps, UX, CRO, Analytics, etc.
2. Schema markup
FAQ, Breadcrumbs, News, Business Info, etc.
3. Research what matters for your industry!
4.Write good and useful content for people
While you can’t optimize for BERT, you can write better for NLP.
5. Understand and fulfill searcher intent, and keep in mind that there’s oftentimes multi-intent
6. Entity and topical integration baked into your IA
Have a rich understanding of your audience and what they’re seeking.
7. Optimize for featured snippets
8. Cultivate engagement
9. Repurpose your content
Blog post → slides → audio → video
10. Prune or improve thin or low-quality pages
11. Get customer insights!
12. Find keyword opportunities in Google Search Console
13. Target link-intent keywords
15. Provide unique research with visuals